Why most people fall out of their fitness goals? Here's why and my advice on how to stop it
I admit I have been guilty of falling out of my fitness routine. I've been feeling busy and warn down which is one of the many reasons people pardon themselves for not working out. It's important to keep in mind that working out is just as important as completing your tasks for the day. With that being said here are the following ways on how to hit the restart button and get back into your fitness goals!
1. Plan a realistic workout routine - Do not go too hard and too many sets in the beginning. Go slow and gradual. If you do too much its likely you'll get burnt out and quit before you started your fitness journey. Setting and establishing realistic goals will help you not want to give up too early and you can gradually get to your ideal body.
2. Don't expect the results right away - I thought in a week or two I would get abs or muscles. But the truth is that its not realistic and you have to make it a part of your habit. The main reason why people stop their fitness regime is because they expect instant gratification. Social media is all around us and we can search anything from our fingertips and get instant feedback. That's not a reality for exercise, however. Exercise and achieving body goals is a long term commitment. If your not committed in the long haul then you will not get the body goals you desire. Exercise is a way of life. Once you reach your goal you can't just suddenly stop. It has to be a habit and continuous journey.
3. It's all in your head - Your body can do just about anything you want it to do but its the mind that needs the convincing. The mind always tries to talk us out of situations that make us feel uncomfortable. That's what its programmed to do in order to keep us alive. You know all the excuses your mind comes up with so you don't workout and it works. But those of us who know how our minds work can stop it to a halt before all the excuses even pops up and sinks in. It's called the five second rule. After five seconds you succumbed to your bodies/brains desires.
4. Visualize what your trying to work towards - Visualization is a powerful method for trying to achieve a goal you want. It's been proven that daily visualization will make it easier for you to reach your goal. Acting as you already have it, like your there already, will help you reach your goal sooner rather than later.
5. Get inspired - To help visualize the body you want turn to social media to see the body you desire. This will help reinforce your minds visualization technique. Now you will know clearer what you want. And when you have those days that you're not feeling like working out go back on the fitness social media accounts you follow so you can get back at it again!
Those are just some of my simple tips to help you get back on the fitness path in 2019! Please like and comment if you found this information to be helpful! You can do it! I believe in you to get right back into your fitness routine.